Home Decor Idea 3: More Mix and Match Home Decoration Ideas
Home Decor Idea 3: More Ideas on How to Mix and Match to Create a Unique Home Decor
Some more secrets on getting the correct mix for your unique home decor:
- A little chunk of antiquity can give a contemporary interior the dimension of time and add more weight to a featureless space. For example, mount an architectural fragment like a building cornice on
the wall as if it were a console table.
- Play with irreverence - roll out an Aubusson rug on a concrete floor. The Aubusson cuts the edge of the concrete, and the concrete underscores the lurical softness of the rug.
- Attract with opposites - put a sleek white Saarinen table together with dark, elaborately carved Anglo-Indian chairs.
- Group hefty Baroque candlesticks on a slim glass-and-brass 1940s French table - usually at least three, rarely just one. There's safety in numbers.
- When setting the table, mix delicate French Limoges china with clear glass Pottery Barn dishses; or Fiestaware with Chinese blue and white. Nothing is more deadly than a dining table
se with perfectly matched silverware and plates
Return to the top of home decor idea 3.
Like to know more? Click on the following:
Living Room |
Dining Room | Bedroom |
Space Organization | Home Lighting |
Home Decor Fabric |
Unique Home Decor Ideas